Title: Cleaning project proposal
proponent: Go Green Company
of the project
The project idea was prompted by
increasing urban pollution, especially in impoverished areas. Research
conducted several weeks ago indicated that these individuals lack proper
systems of garbage disposal since some of the companies offering these services
are expensive. These individuals live on less than a dollar a day, the cost of
garbage disposal as per our records indicates that some of the companies charge
up to 5 dollars on a weekly basis. Many people, therefore, opted to throw
garbage on the streets. Heaps of non-recyclable matter creates a foul smell in
the environment making some of these areas inhabitable. The recyclable
materials pollute the environment since they are not able to degrade. Several
issues arose from the issue of pollution. Most real estate agents claim that
these areas are bad for their businesses since most people shun away when the
environment is unwelcoming. Some of these areas are therefore left abandoned
creating hubs for thugs and, therefore, record higher numbers of crime rates.
Huge numbers of street people also characterize them since they readily find
Go Green Company aims at creating a
conducive environment by eliminating recyclable waste. The company encourages
the recycling of polyethylene products and, therefore, helps in reducing land
pollution. This project aims to create a conducive environment by eliminating
both recyclable and non-recyclable waste from these environments. This project will be a diversion from the
original company mission of preventing pollution. It will work to reduce the
effects of pollution in the already polluted areas and encourage a more
realistic way of garbage disposal and maintenance of cleanliness in the
environment. The beneficiaries of this project will be the inhabitants and
potential inhabitants of these areas. The other beneficiaries will include the
real estate agents that manage home in these areas since clean environments
encourage the settlement of people. The major investor in this project will
include real estate agents, homeowners, environmental agencies and the Go Green
end of the implementation of the project, it would have attained the following
settlement of individuals in these areas
the burden of garbage collection and dirt in these areas.
a recycling where revenues can be generated.
clean the environment off waste including both recyclable and non-recyclable
decrease the amount of money people pay for garbage collection by creating a
proper system for garbage disposal.
create a better environment and encourage staying
mentioned above, our customers will be the inhabitants of these areas and the
stakeholders will include real estate agents, homeowners, environmental
agencies and the Go Green Company.
for the delivery of this project
the milestones will include:
cooperation with the inhabitants since some of the cleaning workforce will come
it begins as a non-profit project for the good will of the communities, some of
the investors may back out when they lose hopes of returns on investment.
of coordination since most of the project activities overlap.
project may face resistance from the thugs who view the abandoned places as
The project will begin by creating awareness to the individuals in the
community of what the companies decide to do.
Recruiting the cleaning team. This will include some of the cleaning companies
and willing inhabitants.
The cleaning process will commence. A common dumping site will be created where
individuals will separate organic from inorganic matter.
Recycling of recyclable matter.
Creation of a proper garbage system collection through installing of dumping
overall cost of the project
estimated cost of the project will be around $15000. This will be broken down
the area is about the 2-mile square, cleaning will take an average of two weeks
with a workforce of about 50 people. Each person will earn around $10 a day for
its charity work and therefore for 14 days it will be $7000. At the dumping
site, the whole process will take $4000 since some of the waste will have to be
destroyed and some recycled. The
creation of permanent dumping sites will cost $2000. And eventually the last
$2000 will be used to buy equipment needed for this whole process.
Due Week 6 and worth 150 points
This assignment consists of two (2) parts: a project schedule, and a written response. You must submit both parts as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the part of the assignment it is written for.
Part A: Project Schedule
(Submit as one  Microsoft Project file)
- In Assignment 2, you developed a project plan. Now, using the information from your project proposal, create a multi-level work breakdown structure (WBS) and detailed project schedule.
Your project must include the following criteria:
- The project must consist of at least twenty-five (25) tasks.
- Each task must contain a start date, a finish date, and have main staffing and non-staffing resources assigned.
- Assume that your work activities are completed during normal weekdays (no weekend work) under normal conditions (8 hours per day).
- In terms of holidays, you can assume no work will be done the following days: New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Good Monday, Friday before Memorial Day, Memorial Day, the business day before Independence Day, Independence Day, the Friday before Labor Day, Labor Day, the day before Thanksgiving Day, Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving), the business day before Christmas, Christmas Day, the business day after Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve.
Part B: Written Response
(Submit as a Microsoft Word file)
Write a one to two (1-2) page response in which you:
- Analyze your project in terms of project completion, critical path, and slack / float. Specifically, be sure to answer the following:
- When will the project be completed?
- What is the critical path for the project?
- How much slack / float is in your project? What activities have the greatest slack / float?
- Summarize the recommendations or improvements you would make to your project schedule. Specifically, be sure to answer the following:
- Identify the top three (3) activities that you believe could impact the project completion date.
- What additional activities would you add to this project to make it more complete, from a project management viewpoint?
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
SO PLEASE USE THE SAME PROJECT ON ASSIGNMENT #2 TO DO ASSIGNMENT 4