For your Final Project, you are asked to provide a task analysis (a
step-by-step breakdown of a behavior) for a specific task (e.g., shoe tying,
brushing teeth, buying groceries, doing laundry, etc.). Make sure to provide:
1. A clear step-by-step breakdown of the behaviors that
make up this task including any antecedent stimuli or cues, materials needed,
setting or environmental stimuli, etc.
2. Select a specific step from your task analysis list, and
describe the target outcome behavior in observable and measurable terms.
3. Identify how each measurable dimension of behavior might apply
to your target outcome behavior (rate, duration, latency, inter-response time),
and select a method to record this behavior.
4. With your target behavior in mind, discuss the advantages and
disadvantages of using continuous versus sampling techniques (e.g., partial and
whole-interval recording, momentary time sampling).
5. Select an appropriate schedule of observation and recording, given
your specific target behavior and the logistics of observing and recording.
6. Discuss in detail how you would assess what step a client is on within your
task list. How would you assess mastery of skills in the behavior chain? What
methods of functional behavior assessment would you use here and why? Provide a
clear justification and explanation for your selection.
7. Discuss at least three different methods of charting and graphing that
you would consider using to present the results of your intervention (e.g., bar
chart, line graph, celeration chart, cumulative graph, etc.).
8. Select and create a data display that effectively presents your mock
data visually, including at least one chart or graph. Provide a clear argument
as to how your chosen method of charting and/or graphing your data demonstrates
9. Discuss how you would interpret the results, and what recommendation you
would make regarding the client’s progress.
Be sure to type your paper in a MS Word document, proofread your file for
spelling and grammar, double-space your work using Times New Roman 12 point
font, and submit it to the Dropbox area. Minimum length requirements for this
paper: 6-8 typed pages (not including the title or reference pages).