Discussion: Unit 8, Due Tuesday by noon CT
Please respond to the following questions based upon these course objectives:
- Create a logical written argument about values and popular culture which includes scholarly research.
- Analyze an artifact of popular culture from multiple perspectives.
Please answer the following questions with supporting examples and full explanations.
- For each of the learning objectives, provide an analysis of how the course supported each objective.
- Explain how the material learned in this course, based upon the objectives, will be applicable to professional application.
Reflect back on your journey through this course and answer the following:
- What surprised you about the course?
- Reviewing the course objectives and description, what do you wish you could have learned more about?
- What is your perspective on how popular culture is affecting society and you, personally?
- In your opinion, what will be the next pop culture hit?
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
This topic is valued at 20 points. There is no peer response required for this unit, but feel free to discuss these topics with classmates.
Explanation & Answer
Running head: VALUES AND POPULAR CULTURE
Values and Popular Culture
VALUES AND POPULAR CULTURE
Values and Popular culture
Popular culture is more than entertainment forms such as televisions, music, movies, and
what is found on the internet. Popular culture includes how people express their shared
experiences, which are unique and essential in their society. These values are what shapes the
culture and its beliefs. Some of these values include integrity, compassion, courage, hard work,
sacrifice, respect, and justice (Burke, 2016). Authentic popular culture goes more profound than
what people see and practice into what they believe and think is right for them and society. When
popular culture expresses society's shared experiences, it becomes valuable to that society, as it