Liberal Studies 100
Discussion Questions for “Never Let Me Go”
Cite pages in the novel. If you handwrite your answers, make
sure they are legible. One paragraph or so per question.
6. Why is poetry, drawing, and creative practices so
important at Hailsham?
7. Is the point of the novel to show that human cloning is
morally repellant? Explain?
8. Do you think that there is a sense in which the main
characters transcend their fates?
9. Why don’t the characters try to escape instead of
clinging to the hope of a deferral?
10. Are these characters human beings? Persons?