Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Describe the patient’s right to privacy
- Describe other rights patients have
- Define Key Terms
- Describe the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
Course outcome assessed/addressed in this Assignment:
HI135-3: Summarize the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and state/federal regulations which govern the release of protected health information.
GEL-1.1: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
The project for this course will be completion of a research paper or power point presentation. Your research paper or power point presentation will cover the laws and release of information of given topics listed. ( Please provide me with what type of project will be done beforehand).
The research paper or power point presentation must address key elements or release of information for one of the following types of patients. The topics are as follows:
- Release of Information in AIDS/HIV Cases
- Release of Information mental health and developmental disability
- Release of information in behavioral health cases.
- Release of Drug and Alcohol Abuse
SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS RESEARCH PAPER FORMAT
The paper should include the following:
- 5–6 double-spaced pages (Excluding Title and Reference Page) 7 or 8 pages in total with Title and Reference pages included, Times new Roman, 12 point Font
- Appropriate references (Two or more separate references)
- Follow the guidelines of APA formatting
- Title Page
- Reference Page
- Running Header
Power Point Instructions: Research should follow the same guidelines as the paper. Students should then create a 15–20 slide presentation outlining the key elements found in your research on the topic of your choice. Presentations should be professional in appearance, contain accurate information including source citations and be thorough in content. Creativity in presentation is encouraged.