focus of the capstone project is to solve a contemporary social and criminal
justice issue through the application of information from a variety of related
fields, which may include sociology, law, psychology, and ethics. In developing
a proposed solution to a modern social and criminal justice issue, you are
encouraged to use scholarly and primary sources, multimedia, and interviews with
professionals in the field (if possible) to identify and devise a workable
Within the Final Capstone Project, complete the following:
- Identify a clear thesis statement to address your chosen criminal and social
justice issue. >>>(Drug Use Amongst society)
- Summarize your chosen social and criminal justice issue.
- Propose the resolution to the social and criminal justice issue.
- Examine the operations of the criminal justice system as it relates to your
chosen issue and resolution. This may include operations related to crime scene
investigation techniques and security; the collection, preservation and
presentation of evidence; and processes related to correctional institutions,
incarceration, and release.
- Analyze how the criminal and social justice theories (in relation to the
United States Constitution) and landmark U.S. Supreme Court decisions impact
your chosen issue and support your resolution.
- Explain how social and criminal justice systems promote social equality and
fairness for all and how this impacts your issue and resolution. Consider how
poverty, racism, and religion apply to contemporary social and criminal justice.
- Assess how the centralization of criminal justice agencies in the United
States, The Patriot Act, the U.S. Homeland Security Act, and international
aspects of social and criminal justice impact your issue and resolution.
- Identify and describe at least two careers in criminal justice (existing or
to-be-created) for agencies that may be involved in addressing the issue and
resolution you have chosen.
The paper must be at least 20 pages in
length, excluding title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA
style. You must use at least ten scholarly resources (at least four of which can
be found in the Ashford Online Library) other than the textbook to support your
claims. You may consider referencing documentaries, contemporary news reports,
multimedia, and interviews with professionals in the field. Cite your sources
within the text of your paper and on the reference page. For information
regarding APA, including samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing
Center, located within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation
toolbar.Writing the Final Capstone
The Final Capstone Project:
- Must be at least 20 double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according
to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least ten scholarly resources, including a minimum of four from
the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as
outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.