Consider the aspects of the religions that are similar and
different. Then, based on this and what you have learned about the
Middle East, why do you believe that all three major Western religions
evolved from this area?
Three major western religions are Judaism , Christianity. Islam . Judaism is the oldest and the other two arose out of it. All have in common:
1. Prophets common to them all - Moses, Abraham, for instance
2. A book in common (The Torah or Old Testament is common to all three)
3. All are basically Monotheistic (although Christianity has the concept of Trinity)
4. Their own unique Holy revealed book : The Torah, The Gospels, or The Quran
5. All believe in life after death
The differences are:
1. Followers of Judaism do not believe in Jesus or Muhammad, nor in the other Holy books
2. Christians do not believe that Muhammad is a prophet and do not accept the Quran.
Although they believe in the Old Testament, they give more importance to the New Testament or Gospel of Jesus)
3. Islam accepts all the books and prophets of the other two, but rejects the view that Jesus is the son of God or his resurrection.
4. Each religion has its own unique route to salvation.
Jews believe that they are the chosen people of God and will automatically attain Paradise. They await the coming of the Messiah.
The Christians believe that the Messiah is Jesus and through him they will gain Paradise.
Muslims believe that only by obeying the commands of Allah (supplemented by the teachings of Muhammad) can Paradise be attained.
These religions came from or originated the east because
1. All the important figures came from there
2. Early civilizations were from the east
3. Most scientists believe that humanity had its origin in Africa and that humans moved out of Africa to the rest of the world.
Content will be erased after question is completed.
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we will email you a link to reset your password.
Forgot your password?