Thesis and Outline of Final Paper
This assignment is to be a thorough outline, including components as detailed below, of your Final Paper.
Your Final Paper is to be a comprehensive research study on one of the following public policy topics:
Your outline of the topic will include:
- The scope and nature of the public policy problem.
- How the problem came to public and political awareness.
- The evolution of related public policy.
- Level of government and the actors involved.
- The intergovernmental structure and political concerns.
- Conflicting public opinion and impact on policy solutions.
- The approaches to policy formulation, adoption, and evaluation.
- The suggested policy direction (continuation, change or termination) and future impact.
This assignment is to include a title page, introductory
paragraph with thesis statement, outline of your major points,
summarizing or concluding paragraph, and reference page. It must be at
least four pages in length and include a minimum of five scholarly
sources, including a minimum of four from the Ashford University
Library. Your paper must be formatted according to APA style as outlined
in the Ashford Writing Center. All sources must be properly cited in
text, and your paper must include a separate title page and reference
page. The Ashford Writing Center is located within the Learning
Resources tab, on the left navigation toolbar.
Your outline should be organized as follows:
- Title page (one page)
- Introduction with thesis statement
- Outline of topic
- Concluding paragraph
- Reference page (one page)
Final Paper will be between eight to ten pages (including
title and reference pages) in length, with at least six to ten
scholarly sources, including a minimum of four from the Ashford
University Library. The sources should be from a variety of resources
including literature databases, academic journals, books, and other