Thesis and Outline of
This assignment is to be a thorough outline, including components as detailed
below, of your Final Paper.
Your Final Paper is to be a comprehensive research study on one of the
following public policy topics:
Your outline of the topic will
- The scope and nature of the public policy problem.
- How the problem came to public and political awareness.
- The evolution of related public policy.
- Level of government and the actors involved.
- The intergovernmental structure and political concerns.
- Conflicting public opinion and impact on policy
- The approaches to policy formulation, adoption, and
- The suggested policy direction (continuation, change or
termination) and future impact.
This assignment is to include a
title page, introductory paragraph with thesis statement, outline of your major
points, summarizing or concluding paragraph, and reference page. It must
be at least four pages in length and include a minimum of five scholarly
sources, including a minimum of four from the Ashford University Library. Your
paper must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford
Writing Center. All sources must be properly cited in text, and your paper must
include a separate title page and reference page. The Ashford Writing Center is
located within the Learning Resources tab, on the left navigation toolbar.
Your outline should be organized as follows:
- Title page (one page)
- Introduction with thesis statement
- Outline of topic
- Concluding paragraph
- Reference page (one page)
Paper will be between eight to ten pages (including title and reference pages)
in length, with at least six to ten scholarly sources, including a minimum of
four from the Ashford University Library. The sources should be from a variety
of resources including literature databases, academic journals, books, and
other scientific sources.