- n your first assignment, you conducted a research analysis of the company and proposed strategic solutions to the CEO. As you continue your consulting role, the next task is to deliver a professional development program to the CEO of your chosen organization.
It is important that your program's proposal be based on your research of emotional intelligence (EI) and specifically details how a new incentive program, based on an EI management approach, will:
- Foster teamwork.
- Strengthen interpersonal relationships.
- Enhance communication.
- Increase overall performance.
- Benefit not only managers but the bottom-line.
InstructionsWrite a 5–7 page, double-spaced proposal that includes the following components:
- EI and Motivation:
- Which of the EI building blocks would impact management’s ability to enhance employee performance and job satisfaction?
- Based on your research on motivational theory, describe which motivational theory you would utilize to influence the members of the organization and aid in helping to resolve the issue. Provide examples to support your solution.
- EI and Social Skills and Decision Making:
- Explain how the core concepts of emotional intelligence would enhance the decision-making efficacy of the management team.
- Effective Teams:
- Describe the core attributes of an effective team and the strategies you would implement to develop team dynamics that will benefit the organization.
- Reward Systems:
- Create an effective reward system for this organization based on how you want to resolve the organizational issue. Determine the strategies you would incorporate to motivate employees and influence behavior.
- References and Citations:
- Go to the Strayer University Online Library to locate two quality resources.
- In-text citations are required when paraphrasing or quoting another source.
- Formatting and Writing Standards:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
- Develop a proposal for a program to help managers use reward systems and emotional intelligence to motivate team members.
Quick Tip Week 6 Assignment 2
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Purchase answer to see full attachment
Explanation & Answer
Attached. Please let me know if you have any questions or need revisions.
Running head: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Name of Student
Date of Submission
Emotional intelligence can help managers understand employees' diverse needs hence
guiding them to develop a relevant reward system for every team member. Emotional
intelligence is the capability to understand and control one’s emotions and read those of others. It
can help an individual communicate effectively and empathize with others. Employees are the
core pillars of an organization. A company’s success in this era of intense competition heavily
relies on its employees’ capability to innovate and apply available resources cautiously to deliver
quality products and services. To attract and retain employees that can go beyond their job
description scope to solve daily challenges and satisfy clients, managers need to build and
enhance employee satisfaction. Workforce productivity is not only dependent on skill set but also
on an individuals’ passion for the job and working environment. Research indicates that happy
employees yield better results. Financial compensation is a suitable incentive for motivating
employees but cannot always quarantine employee retention or satisfaction. Therefore, the
Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) managers need to invest in employee
development programs and organization cultures that motivate employees to do their best and
continuously strive to perform better. Usually, treating employees well makes them develop
interests in the company and their jobs. Emotional intelligence allows managers to understand
workers better and develop suitable organizational cultures that support job satisfaction. The
essay discusses the role of emotional intelligence and reward systems in motivating members.
Emotional Intelligence and Motivation
Self-awareness is a crucial emotional intelligent component that can impact a manager’s
capability to improve employee performance and job satisfaction. Self-awareness is an
individual’s ability to understand and control his emotions (Kay & Kite, 2011). A self-aware