Dating for middle schoolers is important because it serves as a foundation or "practice" for relationships in the future. Even though young teens aren't involved in adult relationships, they should still follow some guidelines to help find themselves through maturity and stay healthy. A few good examples:
- Don't be afraid to talk to the other gender. This may seem silly, but these are interactions that will take place through a persons adult life. It is a skill that many people can struggle with.
- Try to ignore peer pressure. The only person who knows what is best for you is you.
- Know your comfort zone, and don't be afraid to say "no" if you are uncomfortable with something. This is true for both genders.
- Find someone you can be yourself around and makes you a better person.
- Don't let dating affect your grades or other important activities in your life.
- Have a trusted adult who you can talk to about dating. It may seem awkward, but we all need support in all aspects of our life.
- Lastly, have fun! All relationships are supposed to improve our lives.
Oct 22nd, 2014
Did you know? You can earn $20 for every friend you invite to Studypool!