1 Surface (Terrestrial :solid and Jovian :Gaseous surface)
2. Density (jovian are less dense)
3. Closeness to Sun (terrestrial are closer to Sun)
4. Number of moons (Jovian have more moons)
5. spin (terrestrial spin less)
6. Heat (terrestrial are hotter)
Solar heating. The bulk of nebular material (hydrogen and helium) are too light to remain in the strongly heated inner solar system, so only heavier elements, silicates and metals tend to remain. In the outer solar system it is cold enough for hydrogen and helium to remain stable and since these are the two most abundant elements in the universe there was plenty of material to form the gas giants.
Content will be erased after question is completed.