Interview your mentor to gather information about your mentor’s organization, the department your mentor works in, and his or her job description.
Mentor: Works in the HR Department (Employee Benefits Section)
3 Team Members personal profiles are label as cautious which is describe as below:
A person with a C style
- is motivated by opportunities to gain knowledge, showing their expertise, and quality work.
- prioritizes ensuring accuracy, maintaining stability, and challenging assumptions.
- is described as careful, cautious, systematic, diplomatic, accurate and tactful.
- may be limited by being overcritical, overanalyzing and isolating themselves.
- may fear criticism and being wrong.
- values quality and accuracy
- unique accomplishments
- predictable accomplishments
- personal growth
Will need to expend more energy to:
- let go of and delegate tasks
- compromise for the good of the team
- join in social events and celebrations
- make quick decisions
When communicating with the C style individual, focus on facts and details; minimize "pep talk" or emotional language; be patient, persistent and diplomatic.
DiSC Classic Patterns: Objective Thinker, Perfectionist, Practitioner
Write a plan that may be applied to your mentor's department and that would increase your Learning Team members' motivation, satisfaction, and performance based on their personal profiles, as if they were employees of that department.