1. Write a thesis statement that is one to two (1-2) sentences
long in which you:
- State your thesis on how industrialization after the Civil War influenced
U.S. society, economy, and politics. Justify your response.
2. Write a one to two (1-2) page outline in which you:
- Determine three (3) major aspects of industrialization between 1865 and 1920
that influenced U.S. society, economy, and politics. (Consider issues such as
geography, entrepreneurship, legislative representation, etc.)
- List five (5) specific groups that were affected by industrialization.
Provide two (2) examples for each group describing how the group was affected.
(Consider issues such as race, ethnicity, gender, child labor, etc.)
- List five (5) ways that industrialization affected the life of the average
working American during this period.
- Use at least three (3) academic references besides or in addition to the
textbook. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Identifyand discuss the different ways that the Civil War, Reconstruction,
and Industrialization after the Civil War have shaped America’s history.
- Summarize and discuss the ways that formal policies of government have
influenced the direction of historical and social development in the United
- Recognize the major turning points in American history since the Civil
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary
- Write clearly and concisely about contemporary U.S. history using proper