1. Draw a straight horizontal line with arrows at both ends.
2. Make small vertical markings beginning with -5 going to 0 and then to the +5 position. Try to make the distance between the vertical markings the same. The number line should go as follows: -5, -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 at the vertical markings.
3. Plot Point W at POSITIVE 4. on the number line. (use a medium sized dot to indicate the point).
4. Point M - it's opposite would be -4 (negative 4). Plot -4 with a dot and mark it Point M.
5. Plot Point J at -2. Plot Point L at its opposite (positive 2).
That's all there is to it.
Nov 9th, 2014
Did you know? You can earn $20 for every friend you invite to Studypool!