I'm working on a psychology writing question and need support to help me understand better.
class book is Psychology In Action 12th Edition, by Karen huffman, Katherine Dowdell, Catherine Sanderson
STEP 1: Understand Your Friend's Situation.
Imagine that one of your best friends is struggling with his classes. He aspires to graduate in exercise science and go on to earn a degree in occupational therapy, but he failed his first two chemistry exams. He’s feeling nervous about his performance and comes to you for advice. During your discussion, you learn that:
- he gets easily frustrated while working on chemistry problems after approaching them the way he has always approached problems in his other classes
- he is sleeping less than five hours a night
- he works on chemistry homework every Tuesday and Thursday night, but not on other days
- he always keeps his phone on vibrate to check if he gets messages while he studies
- he usually studies by re-reading the chapter
- he pulls all-nighters before exams
Step 2: Develop a More Effective Study Plan.
Based on what you've learned from your friend, create a more effective study plan for him.
In your 2-3 page paper or PowerPoint slideshow, explain to him why his studying habits are ineffective and what steps he can take to improve his success in the course. Include appropriate vocabulary from this module on memory, as well as anything else you've learned about consciousness and problem-solving from our other modules. Keep in mind that by crafting this study plan for your friend, the suggestions can also be used to help improve your approach to learning!
Step 3. Submit.
Your assignment should be in a Word document, written in APA format (12-point times new roman font, double spaced), and supported by research and in-text citations.