To complete the following final paper, go to this week's Final Paper link in the left
Managerial Decision Making Research and Analysis
Focus of the Final Paper
Research a specific company of your choice and identify some of the managerial
decisions that were made over time and in response to changes in its market or
competitive environment. Use Ashford University Online library and web-based
resources for your research. At least 3 external resources must be used.
Address all of the following areas:
- Describe the company and provide a brief history of its
operations. Find or use graphs to illustrate its financial performance
over the years.
- Identify any sources of risk or uncertainty in its
operations. Do the financial reports indicate risky or uncertain
activities or changes to the economic environment that ultimately appear
to have affected the company’s financial outcomes? Be specific.
- Are there any government regulations that have affected
this company’s operations domestically or abroad? Explain.
- Describe the inputs that are used in this company’s
production function and identify any challenges to securing these inputs.
- Determine if the company has introduced new products in
existing markets or created new markets over time. What is the impact on
- Determine if the price of its products increased or
declined over time and analyze the reasons for price fluctuations. Study
the demand elasticity for its products and discuss the availability of
close substitutes for its products. How does that affect pricing
- Analyze the company’s profitability. Identify the
economy or industry influences on its costs, operations, and
- Describe the competitive environment in which the firm
operates, the distribution of market power, and the strategic behavior of
the firm and its competitors. Apply your knowledge of the theory of this
company’s market structure. How does the company make pricing and
production decisions? Is your observation supported by the theoretical
models? Refer to the financial reports for illustration.
- Identify any non-price competitive strategies that the
company might be engaging in? Provide specific examples.
- Evaluate if the company made any mistakes in its
decisions over time, and recommend any changes or improvements for the
future operations. Refer to the financial reports when making specific
observations or recommendations.
- Use economic language and demonstrate your
understanding of the concepts and theories of this course.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1.Must be 8 to 10 double-spaced pages in length, and formatted
according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.