MODULE ONE ESSAY ASSIGNMENT
Like all of the assignments in this course, this one requires you to apply what you have learned in the textbook. In the essay assignment, you will use online resources to explore ideas discussed in the textbook.Be sure to use as many relevant terms and concepts from this module’s list as possible. Your goal is to demonstrate mastery of the module content.
For this assignment, you will discuss the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial in Washington, D.C.,applying information learned in Chapters One and Two in your textbook to this monument.
You will summarize its history, describe its appearance, explain its meaning, and reflect on your experience of the work as its viewer/audience, using information learned in Chapters One and Two of the textbook. You will then compare the monument to Maya Lin's Vietnam Veterans' Memorial as discussed in the textbook.
Learn about the Roosevelt memorial using these sites:
https://freetoursbyfoot.com/fdr-memorial/ (best for text and pictures)
1. Read about the memorial, taking notes to use in your answers. Note your sources and do not copy and paste or quote directly. All writing must be yours and original for this assignment this semester.
2. Compose your written answers using a university-level, professional writing style. Point to specific places in theworkwhere your information is visible and explain what you see. This is the evidence for your answer.
3. Proofread for errors and to ensure completion.
4. Cite the websites or other material you consulted in the Works Consulted box.
5. Please check your work against the rubric for this assignment.
6. Submit by the deadline.