1. If a driver refuses to take a blood or breath test, he or she will have his or her
license(s) suspended for six months. (omit “s”)
OR: If drivers refuse . . . , they will have their . . . .
2. Why should anyone learn a second language? One reason is to sharpen his or her
mind(s). (omit “s”)
OR: Why should people learn . . . ? One . . . sharpen their minds.
3. The Department of Education issued new guidelines for school security. It was
trying to anticipate problems and avert disaster.
OR: Members of the Dept. of Ed. . . . They were trying . . . .
4. Seven qualified Hispanic agents applied, all hoping for a career move that would
let them use their language and cultural training on more than just translations.
OR: Seven . . . agents applied, each hoping for a career move that would let him
or her use his or her language and training . . .
5. If anyone notices any suspicious activity, he or she should report it to the police.
OR: If citizens notice any suspicious activity, they should . . . .
Content will be erased after question is completed.
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we will email you a link to reset your password.
Forgot your password?