Unformatted Attachment Preview
Answers to each question consists of 200 words, single spaced and 12 font size, Includes at least 1
reference beyond the textbook. Proper use of APA formatting,
1. How does prescriptive analytics relate to descriptive and predictive analytics?
2. Explain the differences between static and dynamic models. How can one evolve into the other?
3. What is the difference between an optimistic approach and a pessimistic approach to decision
making under assumed uncertainty?
4. Explain why solving problems under uncertainty sometimes involves assuming that the problem is
to be solved under conditions of risk?
5. What is Big Data? Why is it important? Where does Big Data come from?
6. What do you think the future of Big Data will be? Will it lose its popularity to something else? If so,
what will it be?
7. What is Big Data analytics? How does it differ from regular analytics?
8. What are the critical success factors for Big Data analytics?
9. What are the big challenges that one should be mindful of when considering implementation of Big
10.Investigate via a Web search how models and their solutions are used by the U.S. Department of
Homeland Security in the “war against terrorism.” Also investigate how other governments or
government agencies are using models in their missions.
11.At teradatauniversitynetwork.com, go to the Sports Analytics page. Find applications of Big Data in
sports. Summarize your findings.