Students, please view the "Submit a Clickable Rubric
Assignment" in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the
Assignment 1: Social Performance of Organizations
Due Week 4 and worth 240 points
According to the textbook, the current world economy is increasingly becoming
integrated and interdependent; as a result, the relationship between business
and society is becoming more complex. Use the Internet to research one (1) of
the following organizations:
- De Beers Diamond Company
- National Football League (NFL)
- British Petroleum (BP)
- National Rifle Association (NRA)
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Specify the nature, structure, types of products or service of your chosen
organization, and two (2) key factors in the organization’s external environment
that can affect its success. Provide explanation to support the rationale.
- Examine three (3) salient stakeholders of the chosen organization based on
their key roles and relationships with the company.
- Suggest five (5) ways in which the primary stakeholders can influence the
organization’s financial performance. Provide support for the response.
- Specify one (1) controversial corporate social responsibility concern
associated with your selected organization.
- Assuming you are the leader of the most influential stakeholder group,
outline a plan to form a stakeholder coalition to force the organization to
address your chosen controversial issue. The plan should include the key steps
that you would take to identify members for your coalition group, the major
reasons why you believe that the particular target group can help you to
accomplish your goal, and the method you would utilize to foster collaboration
among the various groups you target.
- Assume the role as the leader of the most influential stakeholder group, and
indicate three (3) potential challenges that you may face in encouraging
stakeholders to form a coalition to help you achieve your goals. Suggest the
significant steps that you would take in order to overcome these challenges that
you have identified. Justify the response.
- Use at least four (4) quality references. Note: Wikipedia
and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Analyze the relationship between business and society, and the ways in which
they are part of an interactive system.
- Recommend ways stakeholders can influence the destiny of both business and
- Analyze the various primary and secondary stakeholder groups, their roles,
- Analyze the multiple environments of an organization.
- Compare and contrast the concepts of corporate social responsibility,
citizenship, and global citizenship.
- Analyze ways ethical challenges affect the multiple functions of
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and
- Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.