College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Principles of Finance (FIN101)
Deadline: (3/03/2021 @ 23:59)
Course Name: Principles of Finance
Course Code: FIN101
Student’s ID Number:
Academic Year: 1441/1442 H, 2nd Term
For Instructor’s Use only
Students’ Grade: /5
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• This assignment is an individual assignment.
• The Assignment must be submitted only in WORD format via allocated folder on
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented. This also includes
filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submitted assignments will NOT be entertained.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students
or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced)
font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Q1 (1.5 marks)
Ahlam Company’s net income for the year 2000, is $3,700,214. The company had an EBITDA of
$ 10,125,300, and its depreciation and amortization expense was equal to $2,543,790. The
company's average tax rate is 35 percent.
a. What is the amount of interest expenses for the firm? (Show the details of your
b. Prepare a common sized Income Statement if net sales equal $12,000,000.
Q2. (1 Mark)
The following are accounts balance (in thousands) for Malak Company. Calculate Net Income
after-tax (show intermediate steps) t=35% for the year ended December 31, 2020.
Net property and equipment
Cash & cash equivalents
Q3. Calculate the following ratios from the Balance Sheet and the Income Statement given below:
a. Current Ratio
Fixed asset turnover
Total asset turnover
Operating profit margin
Net fixed assets
Total liabilities and
Q4. Using the values below, answer the questions that follow: (1mark)
Amount of annuity: $500
Interest rate: 9%
a) Calculate the future value of the annuity, assuming that it is
(1) An ordinary annuity.
(2) An annuity due.
b) Compare your findings in parts a(1) and a(2). All else being identical, which type of
annuity—ordinary or annuity due—is preferable as an investment? Explain why.
Purchase answer to see full