Community Agency Observation
This project will
continue until the end of the course, where the cumulative project is submitted
in Module 5.
Develop a Community
Agency Observation project that would be of approximately ten hours duration in
total at a community organization in your town or city. The community agency
observation projects can be individualized and must be approved by the
instructor. For example, you could observe international agencies or churches
in your community that have English as a Second Language (ESL) programs.
Make sure that you
choose an organization where you will be able to:
- Assess the multicultural organizational development of
- Summarize a few critical incidents during which
multicultural aspects were addressed (directly and indirectly).
- Examine the influence of diversity on human services
delivery issues, such as problem identification, symptom expression, and
- Analyze how those critical incidents affected your
cultural self-awareness and professional relationship, specific to the
provision of culturally competent services.
- Apply a multicultural and interdisciplinary approach to
generate a proposal on what the organization can do to improve its service
delivery in a population from diverse cultural or ethnic backgrounds.
- For each observation visit in Modules 3, 4, and
5, you must complete a copy of the weekly self-reflection and process
worksheet. Remember to write clearly and check spelling and grammar
because these sheets will be included in your final product. Click here to access the template.
Develop a 3- to 4-page
Community Agency Observation proposal that includes the following:
- The type of agency you would be observing.
- The reason this type of agency is important to your
- An explanation of 2–3 professional goals that you hope
to reach through this observation. Make sure that your goals are
SMART—specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely.
- By Wednesday, November 23, 2016, save your
proposal as M1_A3_lastname_firstinitial.doc, and submit it to the M1
Assignment 3 Dropbox.
This assignment is worth
100 points and will be graded according to the following rubric.