Imagine that you are employed as an IT project manager by a prestigious
coffeemaker organization. This organization operates many coffee shops within
the region and would like to promote its brand by creating a mobile application
that will provide its customers with the ability to view the nearest coffee shop
location within their geographical area.
As a member of the software development team, you estimate a total project
cost of $150,000. You have designated control points to measure project
progress. At control point 2, the following data is available:
Budget Cost of Work
Actual Cost of Work
There are various stakeholders that
are interested in the progress of the project. These stakeholders include the
marketing management team (internal customers), software designers, programmers,
testers, and upper management. The software development team has attempted to
release a mobile application of this magnitude in the past; however, lack of
sponsorship, mobile development expertise, and technical infrastructure has
limited the team’s success.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper
in which you:
- Identify at least four (4) attributes of the mobile application development
project that can be measured and controlled and evaluate how each is a critical
factor for the success of the project.
- Generate a project plan summary of the various project milestones. Develop a
WBS that details work packages required to complete project scope.
- Develop a workflow model that can be used to inspect and detect defects
during the acceptance of this mobile product through the use of graphical tools
in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The
graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Describe how the defects detected during the acceptance of the mobile
application should be reported and explain the circumstances in which a defect
may not require reporting.
- Analyze the communication needs of the different project stakeholders.
Explain the types of project status reports that would be useful to each.
- Compute the cost variance, schedule variance, cost performance index,
schedule performance index, and estimated actual cost using the information
presented at control point 2. Interpret the project schedule and budget status
from the calculations.
- Explain how work package, binary tracking, and earned valued reporting can
be used effectively during the maintenance phase of the software life cycle if
various change requests may be assigned to individuals and processed on an
- Develop a risk register that will document all of the estimated risks.
Assign one (1) risk management technique for each risk and explain the basis for
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia
and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams /
charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
Use this template APA_Template_With_Advice_(6th_Ed) .doc
Diagram must be attached in a seperate file.