Chapter 11 discusses the major practices that expose soil to
erosion and how they can be corrected. The three major practices are
overgrazing, overcultivation, and deforestation.
The World Wildlife Foundation also discusses soil erosion and degradation in this website: http://worldwildlife.org/threats/soil-erosion-and-degradation
For this week's individual work, write a 1-2 page
paper (counting body text only, not title or reference pages) in
double spaced, one-inch margins on all sides. Respond to the
- What is soil erosion?
- What are the negative impacts of soil erosion?
- Define overgrazing, overcultivation, and
deforestation. Include ideas on what people can do differently to reduce
the impact of these three practices on soil erosion.
- Provide examples of where this happens both locally and regionally. Within the examples list the specific consequences.
Please make sure all of your assignments:
- Are written in paragraph form.
- Are double-spaced.
- Use 12 point, Times New Roman font.
- Include title & reference pages.
- Include at least one full page of text to the body of your essay.
- Include one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a reference list at the end of your essay. That includes all web sites, journals, articles, etc., you used.
Please make sure you have not copied and pasted
any information directly from any source; that is considered
plagiarism. There is no need to copy, or quote, anyone for this
assignment. It is to be a written summary reflecting your own thoughts of your reading and research on this topic.
However, you should include in your reference list the source of your reading and research.
Please use the website for source on this...