Space Age Furniture
Read “Space Age Furniture Company” in Chapter 9 of your text. Respond to the
following and include any Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) calculations:
- Develop an MRP for Space Age Furniture Company using
the information in the case including the production of sub-assemblies in
lot sizes of 1,000.
- The lot size of 1,000 for sub-assemblies has produced a
lumpy demand for part 3079. Suggest ways for improvements over
sub-assemblies in lot sizes of 1,000.
- Analyze the trade-off between overtime costs and
- Calculate a new MRP that improves the base MRP.
- Compare and contrast the types of production
processing—job shop, batch, repetitive, or continuous—and determine which
the primary mode of operation is and why.
- Describe ways that management can keep track of job
status and location during production.
- Recommend any changes that might be beneficial to the
company and/or add value for the customer.
The final case study
should demonstrate your understanding of the reading as well as the
implications of new knowledge. The paper should integrate readings, scholarly
sources, and class discussions into work and life experiences. It may include
explanation and examples from previous events as well as implications for
The purpose of the final
case study is for you to culminate the learning achieved in the course by
describing your understanding and application of knowledge in the field of
Guidelines for Writing the Final Paper
Writing the Final PaperThe Final Paper:
- Must be 10 to 12 double-spaced pages in length (not
including the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA
style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a
succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in
the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted
according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.