33. Carbon dating is a method used to determine the age of an object by 14C, an radioactive isotope of carbon.
35. alpha decay is the production of (4,2)He,
So (209,84)Po===>(4,2)He + (205,82) Pb
36. When there is an unstable nucleus with an excess of either neutron or proton, a beta particle will be produced.
37. (1,1)H + (17, 8) O---> (14,7)N + (4,2) He + (0,0) gamma
38. (238,92) U===> (234,90) Th+(4,2) He
(18,8) O===> (17,9)F + beta- + ve
39. alpha, (4,2) He, helium nucleus, cannot penetrate a piece of paper
beta, beta+, beta- electrons or positrons, cannot go through aluminium shielding
Gamma, gamma, high energy photons, can only be reduced by a very thick layer of lead
Content will be erased after question is completed.
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we will email you a link to reset your password.
Forgot your password?