Task 1 – Science Lesson Plan
For this assessment, you will create a hands-on lesson plan that will culminate in a summative assessment.
A. Identify an appropriate grade level for your hands-on science lesson.
B. Identify one common core or state standard for your chosen grade level.
1. Identify two measurable learning objectives related to the standard from part B, including a condition, behavior, and criterion appropriate for a hands-on science activity.
C. Create a standards-based, hands-on science lesson plan that includes a summative assessment.
1. Describe each of the following eight components in your lesson plan from part C:
• identification of general information (e.g., topic, grade, student grouping, seating arrangement)
• identification of standards from part B
• identification of the measurable objectives from part B1 (including condition, behavior, and criterion)
• identification of materials/resources for students and teacher
• description of prerequisite skills or connections to previous learning (i.e., previously learned skills that are necessary for students to be able to participate in and benefit from the planned lesson)
• explanation of presentation procedures for new information, guided practice, independent practice, and culmination
• explanation of differentiated instruction accommodations
• explanation of assessment
Note: You may use one of the attached lesson plan templates or any other lesson plan template of your choosing that supports the instructional sequence of the lesson and includes the given points.
D. Write a brief essay (suggested length of 1 page) in which you do the following:
1. Justify your choice of hands-on activity for teaching the objectives from part B1.
2. Justify your choice of summative assessment for the objectives from part B1.
a. Include a copy of your resulting summative assessment from your lesson plan created in part C.
E. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.