You have been invited to participate in a "lightning round" (short, fast paced) presentations at an internal meeting of CISO staff members. These types of presentation are time limited and are used to focus on the most important information about a topic.
For your presentation you must prepare a 3 to 5 paragraph talking paper which addresses three or more findings from the Ponemon (2013) report.
Make sure that you address the "what's in it for me" factor, i.e. why should BDA be integrated into your company's cyber defense activities.
Your presentation should be 3 to 5 paragraphs in length and include citations and references for the Ponemon report and at least two additional authoritative sources.
Ponemon Institute. (2013, February). Big data analytics in cyber defense. Retrieved from http://www.ponemon.org/local/upload/file/Big_Data_Analytics_in_Cyber_Defense_V12.pdf
2. Cyber-Physical Systems for Smart Communities
The governor of your home state has decided to launch a "Smart Communities" initiative. These communities will depend upon cyber-physical systems to provide new or enhanced services. You have been asked to prepare a presentation for a state-wide public meeting to discuss the potential impact of "smart technologies" and the underlying "cyber-physical systems" on critical infrastructures for utilities and transportation in your home state.
Research the use of "smart" (cyber-physical) systems and technologies to build the communities of the future (streets / transportation, community services & facilities).
Here are two URLs to help you get started with your research:
Answer the following questions:
- What types of cyber-physical systems will be required to provide pervasive "awareness" and "reporting" capabilities in the community infrastructure?
- What types of cyber-physical systems will provide the greatest future benefits to the residents of such communities?
- What are the anticipated economic, social, and cultural impacts of technology enhanced smart cities?
- What are the anticipated vulnerabilities? For example, how could terrorists or criminal attack or compromise cyber-physical systems?
Format your presentation as a list of talking points using MS Word (not Power Point). Your document should be 2 - 3 pages in length. Include APA format citations and references as appropriate to the information used and the sources from which you obtained that information.