A 10-12 page research proposal describing a project the student would be interested in completing. Library Research Assignment
Throughout the remainder of this course, you will design an original
research project. Although you will not have enough time to complete and
analyze the data for your research, you will develop an original
research design plan and present it in the form of a proposal and the
elements that are necessary to complete the research.
The proposal should consist of three (3) sections:
- A description of the research problem or subject;
- A review of existing literature on the subject; and
methodology section explaining how the data would be gathered for the
study and the statistical methods used to analyze the data explaining
the reasons for the choice of each.
For this assignment, address the following sections in 10–12 pages:
- Select a current issue in criminal justice and begin to research
previous studies and literature that are available using the library,
Internet, and other available resources. Choose an issue that relates to
one of the following criminal justice topics:
- Juvenile justice
- Then, write the draft of the introduction to the topic and related issues (variables) that impact this issue.
- Follow the introduction with a summary statement of the purpose for your research.
- Then, develop a literature review (annotated bibliography) with a
minimum of 10 references that will begin the research for your research
- How do you intend to gather the data for your study? Explain.
- What are 3–4types of statistical methods can be used to analyze the data? Explain in detail
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each type of statistical data analysis method? Explain.
- Which method do you prefer to use most? Why?