1. If 2015=101a+19b, for positive integers a and b, what is the value of a+b?
2. If x is postive, what is the result when 8x is doubled and then divided by one half of 8x?
3. What is the area of triangle ABC with vertices A(2,3), B(17,11), and C(17,3)?
1. This can be easily done by trial error. Try a =16 and b = 21, you get 16 x 101 + 21 x 19 = 2015.
Answer: a= 16 and b= 21
2. If x is positive, double of 8x is 16x and 1/23 of 8x is 4x. Divide 16x by 4x , you get 4
3. This can be done easily by graphing. Locate the three given points A, B and C on the x-y plane.
It gives you a right angle triangle with base 8 and height 15. So the area is 1/2 x base x height.
This gives area = 1/2 x 8 x 15 = 60
Content will be erased after question is completed.
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we will email you a link to reset your password.
Forgot your password?