Law Enforcement and
Private Sector Organizations
From the choices below, compare and contrast a position in law enforcement
agency and a position in a civilian organization/business.
Law Enforcement Agency
- Local law enforcement agent from your state/Police
- U.S. Army officer/ Military police officer
- U.S. Marshals deputy
- U.S. Secret Service agent
- Internal Revenue Service agent
- U.S. Border Patrol agent
- U.S. Park Police agent
- Postal Inspection Service agent
- Central Intelligence Agency agent
- State police officer
- Highway patrol officer
- Factory/Manufacturing organization manager
- Large computer or electronics organization/company
- College or university provost/administrator
- Water company manager
- Telephone service company manager
- Agricultural organization/company manager
- Pilot/Flight attendant
You will discuss the following topics
in relation to the two organizations/positions.
- Training and certification needed for job
- Work hours, duties, and compensation packages,
including benefits for retirement, health, on the job injury, and
- Job satisfaction with regard to morale, depression,
divorce, drug/alcohol abuse, and suicide.
- What employee assistance programs are available to each
organization to help combat some of these issues?
- What are the statistics within each type of
- What accounts for these statistics and why?
- Impact of the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938
(F.L.S.A.) on both types of organizations.
- Improvements each organization could make to create a
better work environment for all involved, from management down through
The Final Paper must be eight to ten
pages in length (exclusive of title and reference pages). You must use at least
five scholarly resources, three of which must be found in the Ashford Online
Library, to support your claims and subclaims. The Final Paper must be
formatted according to APA style, and all resources must be properly cited in
text as well as on the reference page. For information regarding APA samples
and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources
tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and
formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing
- Must include a title page with the following:
Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a
succinct thesis statement. Must address the topic of the paper with critical
thought. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis. Must use at least five scholarly resources, including a
minimum of three from the Ashford Online Library. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in
the Ashford Writing Center. Must include a separate reference page, formatted
according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
L., & Worrall, J. (2012). Police administration (3rd ed.). United
States: Delmar Cengage Learning