Accessing any database with Java is simple. For connecting with MS access, you have to configure and use JDBC-ODBC bridge.
First you have to configure ODBC to connect to your MS Access database
1. Open control panel\Administrative tools\Data sources (ODBC)
2. Click "Add" and select "Driver do Microsoft Access (*.mdb) and click "Finish"
3. Give the datastore name - this is the name you will be using in your java program
4. Click "Select" to browse for your database and select the file
5. Finish the wizard by clicking "OK" button
Thats it! Below is the code snippet which shows how to connect to MS Access database
Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); //Load Driver
Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:db_name");
Statement s = con.createStatement(); // Create Statement
String query = "select * from Data"; // Create Query
s.execute(query); // Execute Query
ResultSet rs = s.getResultSet(); //return the data from Statement into ResultSet
while(rs.next()) // Retrieve data from ResultSet
System.out.print(rs.getString(1)); //1st column of Table from database
System.out.print(rs.getString(2)); //2nd column of Table
System.out.print(rs.getString(3)); //3rd column of Table
System.out.println(rs.getString(4)); //4th column of Table
Let me know if you need anything else, Cheers!