Review the briefing report titled “Federal Protective Service: Actions needed to
resolve delays and inadequate oversight issues with FPS’s risk assessment and
management program” located at http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d11705r.pdf. Most of the changes
that have taken place within the Federal Protective Service (FPS) have been
reactive as a result of specific events such as the Oklahoma City bombing and
terrorist events of September 11, 2001. This insinuates that there could be
other potential threats that are being ignored because they have yet to be
Write a three (3) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the security measures taken by the FPS and determine if the
measures are comprehensive enough, given any potential threats not mentioned in
- Compare the security measures provided by the FPS to those of a commercial
building with which you are familiar.
- Describe the weaknesses that still exist within the protocols defined by the
- Describe the security measures that you see at your nearest federal building
as well as the security measures that you believe may not be obvious to other
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment including the
suggested FPS Website. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as
Your assignment must follow these formatting
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required page length.