Assignment: Attractions of India Brochure
Tour the World, a travel and tour company, needs a brochure advertising its Attractions of India tour. You have been hired to design the brochure.
Use the information from the tour of India to create a trifold brochure. A trifold brochure can be made from a piece of plain white paper by folding it in thirds. This will give you 6 pages for information about the tour.
| [img alt="Imported Asset" src="http://static.k12.com/eli/bb/1024/12_58766/1_122827_1_58780/c599d4b45f86437d847b1ad063eac3c257b81aff/media/0ccb18e7f1ee2fe78b0d385f167ed2a087ceec2f/mediaasset_1253585_1.jpg" title="Imported Asset"> |
1. On the first page of the brochure, include:
- the name of the company (Tour the World)
- a company logo or picture
- the name of the tour (Attractions of India)
2. Choose five places or topics to write about on the rest of the pages in your brochure from the list below. Choose the ones you think the most people would be interested in seeing or learning about!
Places on the tour:
- the city of Delhi
- India Gate in Delhi
- Lake Palace in Jaipur
- the Taj Mahal
- Orchha Palace
- the city of Patna
- Agam Kuan
- Takht Sri Harmandir Sahib
- the Shore Temple in Mahabalipuram
- the Underwater City of Mahabalipuram
- Kerala Legislative Assembly in Trivandrum
Topics covered on our tour:
- Ancient Harappa and Mohenjodaro
- Caste System
- Mughal Empire
3. Write a paragraph that describes each place or topic, and draw a picture for each one. You should have at least 5 paragraphs and at least 5 pictures on your finished brochure.
Use the brochure coversheet and the brochure rubric to guide your writing.
Choose from the following options for creating your brochure:
- Make your brochure on a plain sheet of white printer paper. To submit it to your teacher, use a scanner to digitize the drawing, or take a picture of it with a digital camera.
- Use a drawing program on your computer such as Microsoft Paint (on Windows machines, go to Start-Programs-Accessories-Paint), and save the file as a .jpg or .gif.
- Use a desktop publishing or presentation program on your computer such as Microsoft Publisher or PowerPoint or software from OpenOffice.org.
Follow your teacher's instructions to submit this assignment.