why study classical music?
- The importance of classical music can be seen in many different things. For example it has been proven to help the mind, it is also yet another way of expression, and it can also be used as therapy.Without classical music and its development, there won't be pop, rock, jazz, metal music today. That's why we study classical music.
What are its benefits?
- However before the benefits of classical music can be brought to light, it is important to clarify what "classical music" really is. There are many misconceptions on what classical music is. The name "classical music" is applied to the Viennese Classical expression, which flourished in the late 18th century, and early 19th do to the brilliance of three main composers. Hayden, Mozart, and Beethoven were the three brilliant minds that are credited for the classical music period. Some musical characteristics of classical music are: the use of energetic and orchestral color in a thematic way, the use of rhythm, including periodic structure and harmonic rhythm, to give definition to large-scale forms, along with the use of modulation to build longer spans of tension and release (most of the music is cast in sonata form or closely related forms), and the witty, typically Austrian mixture of comic and serious strains.
What is classical music,
- Classical music is art music produced or rooted in the traditions of Western music (both liturgical and secular ). It encompasses a broad span of time from roughly the 11th century to the present day.
what are its traditions?
- The Chinese invented a form of notation called Gongche in the Tang Dynasty . Chinese literature has references to music going back to the Zhou Dynasty , and sets of bells have been recovered from archaeological excavations, but little is known about how the early music sounded.
- This is the European tradition of music developed during early modern Europe which is associated with high culture (including works in this tradition in non-European countries). This style of classical music is commonly referred to as simply "classical music" in the English language.
- Within Indian classical music, there are two distinct traditions, Hindustani and Carnatic . Both forms date to the Vedic period.
Jan 18th, 2015
Did you know? You can earn $20 for every friend you invite to Studypool!
Click here to
Refer a Friend
Jun 23rd, 2017
Mark as Final Answer
Unmark as Final Answer
Content will be erased after question is completed.