Prior to completing this assignment, be sure that you have reviewed the following hands-on activities found in your text: 4A, 5A, 5B, 5D and 5E (from Chapters 4 and 5). These activities will assist you with your Data Transmission assignment this week.
Review the TCP/IP example (Figure 5-20) at the end of Chapter 5. Assume Bob is using client computer 188.8.131.52 in Building B, as shown in the figure. Bob requests a web site, www.anyaddress.com, that is rather large from a server situated in Building A. Assume that the client computer has just been powered on and, therefore, is unaware of any addresses (beside the ones in its own configuration table) and that the gateways and all web servers know the addresses to all of the network layers and data link layers.
For your paper,
- Explain the types of messages that will be sent.
- Evaluate the various models of data communication and describe how the messages will be transmitted through the network.
- Describe how the messages will be transmitted through the network when the web server sends the requested page to the client.
- Describe any changes in the transmission if the web page contains pictures and images, such as .gif or .jpg files.
The Data Transmission paper
- Must be a minimum of two double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed, credible source, in addition to the course text.
This is textbook mentioned
FitzGerald, J., Dennis, A., & Durcikova, A. (2017). Business data communications and networking (13th ed.).
this is textbook mentioned
Explanation & Answer
View attached explanation and answer. Let me know if you have any questions.
Types of messages
From the figure, Bob is using a client's computer from building B. he requests a website
from building A, which is large. When the client's computer is turned on, the following types of
messages will be sent; the first is an Email. Emails can employ the store and forward messaging.
In this case, messages are stored till the client can access them. The second type of message that
will be sent is the Short Message Services (SMS). This is a type of message mostly sent using
mobile devices or over the internet. SMS applies a standardized protocol of communication that
allows two nodes to exchange short text messages. The third type is Paging which mainly
involves a sender has to connect with a receiver thr...