Running Head: MEMO ON REPORT
Memo on Report
MEMO ON REPORT
Fix It Solutions Company
To: Maurice Jones, Deputy Director
From: Victor Kaplan, Legal Advisor
Date: 28th March 2017
Subject: Consequences of failure of adoption of intellectual property
The importance of the following report is to show the negative idea companies, especially small
companies, hold regarding intellectual property and to help correct that for the better of the
With technological advancements, it is important, more than ever, for small companies to adopt
the idea of intellectual property.
1. The small business owners believe that this is an expensive venture, thus a waste of
2. The idea that once one has a trademark in place, their brand remains safe.
3. The thought that having a patent rightfully allows the company in question to produce an
4. Not having to worry about other countries outside the United States when one has a
trademark or patent.
As a result of the report, as detailed out in the New York Times, these are just fallacies that small
business owners have but there is an upside to intellectual property:
MEMO ON REPORT
1. Obtaining trademarks and web addresses is much cheaper as compared to obtaining
patents for one’s business, making it an alternative way of protecting one’s interest.
2. Planning ahead and purchasing a URL site before making an application helps with
securing one’s trademarks beforehand.
3. A patent gives the owner the right to protect what the patent specifically covers as
opposed to ideas that the owner might have regarding producing in future.
4. A small business owner ought to be obtained in every country for which the product may
be exposed to so as to protect the owner, especially for countries which may share in the
development of the end-product.
Intellectual property is of major significance as it assists in keeping one’s business protected
from frauds and those people looking to gain without working hard towards the realization of
the returns from the same business. In this light, it is important for the company to adopt
intellectual property into everyday business for a guaranteed smooth flow.
Running Head: REPORT ON SAFETY VIOLATIONS
Report on safety violations
REPORT ON SAFETY VIOLATIONS
From: OSHA Company Secretary
Date: 29th March 2017
Subject: Report on Milark Industries, Inc. safety violations
Following various safety violations by Milark Industries against its employees, it is only sensible
to give a detailed report on these violations given the inspections and investigations carried out
by the US Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) since
2009. These investigations were carried out to ascertain that the violations put forward by
affected employees are indeed true to the latter. These dangerous working conditions have led to
employees suffering finger amp...