Running head: PROPOSAL OF RESEARCH
For my research study, I have selected the Salvation Army to be my target organization.
It is a Christian Protestant church as well as a charity. In my research, I will showcase its role as
a charity. The primary purpose of the Salvation Army is to bring salvation to the poor and needy
by offering physical and spiritual help. It advances the Christian religion, education, poverty
PROPOSAL OF RESEARCH
reduction, disaster relief, humanitarian aid and other charitable actions for the benefit of
humankind. It operates in one hundred and twenty-seven countries and has an estimated
worldwide population of one and a half million. Its organizational structure is quasi-military
ranking from the overall General to junior soldiers. It has four territories in the United States of
America, with its headquarters in Long Beach California. The organization owns hundreds of
permanent shelters for the homeless, for rehabilitation, adult day care homes and community
centers. At the Salvation Army, I previously worked as a humanitarian Field Assistant in its
Department of Disaster Relief, where we provide assistance to victims of natural or human-made
During my time working with the Salvation Army, I was able to interact with
communities and groups of people in need of relief aid. The organization's work is useful in
creating better lives for the poor and destitute. With time, it, however, became evident that faithbased charitable organizations were increasingly lacking popularity in this current age. Today's
society is less open to the idea of receiving assistance from religious organizations as many feel
that education on religious beliefs is imposing to their personal goals of rational thinking
(Thompson, 2016). With an increase in the number of free thinkers in every state, many
preferred to distance themselves and embrace help from other organizations which were less
vocal about their religious beliefs. In the past, a vast majority of people could identify with
particular religious groups and mostly the Christian religion; however, changing times have
brought differences in ideology, with an increasing number of individuals aligning with diverse
religious beliefs or none at all. Hostility between these groups is on the rise which has limited the
impact that the Salvation Army has in its charitable actions for humanity.
PROPOSAL OF RESEARCH
With time, it has become apparent to the organization that there is a pressing need to find
ways to reach out to all persons including; Christians, members of alternative religious groups
and those who do not identify with any religious grouping. The focus of my study is on how
faith-based charitable organizations can cope with the changing environment in which they
operate, even as respect for diversity of culture and religious beliefs becomes a major concern for
all. Which poses a question, "are the religious beliefs of charitable organizations that are faithbased a hindrance to their growth in the society?" Being a non-profit organization, the Salvation
Army depends on donations from well-wishers of different cultures and religious backgrounds.
The team realized that the face of their donors was changing resulting in a change in the attitude
and opinions about which strategies to implement. Some propose a split between religion and
humanitarian aid so that the organization can grow beyond the borders of countries that are proChristian.
The Terminal Course Objective I will focus on is, "Given an example of a malfunction
organization, evaluate how organizational theories and practices can improve the situation."
During my research study, I will dwell much on the concepts of diversity and the importance of
PROPOSAL OF RESEARCH
Thompson, N. (2016). Anti-discriminatory practice: Equality, diversity and social justice.
Submit a written Expanded Research Proposal containing the following:
1. Title page and Table of Contents
2. Documentation of at least three initial scholarly sources from the library
3. Expanded introduction to the organization
4. Expanded description of your chosen problem
5. Preliminary solution options (can be bullet points)
6. Preliminary analysis of leadership and organizational behavior concepts addressed in
1. Select a specific organization of interest to you and identify a problem at the
firm related to organizational behavior (OB).
2. Think of yourself as an organizational consultant and assume that a key manager has
requested a thorough analysis and recommended course of action to resolve an actual
organizational problem that will make a difference to the future performance of the
3. Identify which course Terminal Course Objectives (TCOs) are related to the problem
1. All papers must have a minimum of six scholarly sources cited within the text of the
paper and identified in the references section.
2. Additional research sources can be attached in a bibliography.
3. Review the following document for instructions on how to access and use EBSCOhost
for your research: EBSCOhost.
1. All papers should be double-spaced, using an 11- or 12-point font.
2. The length of the paper is to be between 10 and 15 pages, not counting the cover page,
table of contents, nor appendices.
3. The first page should include the title of the work, student name, course number and
title, date, and professor name.
4. The second page should be a table of contents. It should, at a minimum, reflect the
seven items listed in the Grading Rubric.
5. Follow APA style for general format and citations (see the APA Guidelines Tutorial in
6. The paper sections must adhere to the guidelines below, and each section must be
labeled in the text.
7. The language should be clear, concise, and precise.
8. The tone should be professional, consistent, and not filled with jargon.
9. Grammar and syntax (sentence structure) must be correct.
10. The report must be free of misspellings and typos.
Quotations and Citations
1. Quotations and citations are crucial components of a research paper and must be
2. Failure to properly cite research sources and borrowed ideas is plagiarism.
3. Refer to the APA style guide for assistance with properly citing quoted or borrowed
materials and ideas.
4. Turnitin is used on all reports and projects. A report can be obtained for your review
prior to submitting your final work. Make sure that you are in compliance with the
University's 20/80 rule.
Purchase answer to see full