Session 5 Journal Question
1. How did the framers of the US Constitution create a system that could not become a monarchy
(government under the rule of one person)? Give specific examples from the text of the
2. Cite the article in the Bill of Rights that is most important to you? Give a specific example of
how it has affected your life.
3. If you could add an amendment to the Constitution what would it be? Explain your answer.
Journal 5 Questions
1. As we discussed in class, negative liberty refers to freedom from laws or rules that prevent a
person from doing what he/she wants. Positive liberty refers to having the right resources (food,
education, etc.) to do be able to do what one wants. When the government creates laws or
regulations to help ensure greater equality by removing barriers to people’s success, it increases
positive liberty. However, it also adds constraints on what people can do, reducing their negative
freedom. Consider one of the issues below (or one of your own choosing) and explain in detail
how it relates to negative and positive liberty.
The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
The Food Stamp program
The Clean Air Act
2. What position do you take (or lean toward) on the issue you discussed above? Explain.
Purchase answer to see full