Guidance for P5
4.1 The Active Promotion of Anti-Discriminatory Practice
Working in collaboration with others read through pages 77 to 80 and answer the following questions. Ensure you link each answer to your chosen placement.
• What are Ethical Principles?
• How can you put the service users at the heart of your provision?
• What is active support and what does in encompass?
• Who supplies support for those with mental health issues?
• What is meant by “coping strategies” in Mental Health?
• How can you support individuals to express their needs and preference?
• How ca you promote an individuals’ rights, choices and well-being?
• How can you balance the rights of the individual with the rights of others?
• What are the strategies that can be used for dealing with conflict?
• How can you identify and challenge discrimination at your setting?
4.2 Personal Beliefs & Value Systems.
Working in collaboration with others read through pages 80 to 82 and answer the following questions about your own personal beliefs and values:
• How would you describe your culture? What has influenced your culture?
• How would describe your beliefs? What has influenced your beliefs?
• What past events have impacted on how you view other cultures and beliefs?
• how do you think primary and secondary socialisation has impacted on your life?
• Can you describes any environmental influences?
• How would describe your current health and well-being?
• How do you think your health and well-being influences who you are today?
• How has this course developed your awareness and tolerance of others?
• Are you truly committed to applying the CVB?
• Are you now more careful in how you use language?
• Do you consider yourself capable to work within the legal, ethical and policy guidelines which influence the provision of H&S Care?
•Why do you think that reflecting on your personal beliefs and values is important if you wish to work in health & social care?