In order to sell more yearbooks the yearbook club provides a video compilation of student events on DVD. Music is added to the soundtrack of the DVD. The DVD is to be sold in addition to the yearbook. Can the yearbook club copyright the DVD? What copyrights if any does the yearbook club, school, or students on the DVD have?
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 750 – 1,250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.
Explanation & Answer
Here you go. In case of any further inputs, please let me know.All the best!I appreciate working with you!
Running Head: COPYRIGHT PROTECTION
Copyright protection is a type of law that belong to intellectual property laws, that
safeguard the original author work including musical, dramatic, literary, work of arts like novels,
computer software, movies, architecture and songs. It is important to note that copyright does not
look after ideas, facts, operation methods, systems, though it might be utilized to protect the
manner of expressing things (Palfrey et al., 2009).
In the current world, copyright protection is extremely fundamental and essential. Its
essentiality can hardly be understood, but the fact is, it is vital. This is because copyright is a
component that safeguards intellectual property and therefore it is evidently utilized as an
inducement particularly in the sector of creative arts and in the frontlines of knowledge in any
field. This thus encourages researchers to search for something new that has not been in
existence because no one wills still it from them. Therefore, it is a paramount element that assists