In this discussion, you will
create a presentation from the point of view of two specific
professionals who are experts on the topic you selected in Week One for
your Final Project (PTSD) is the topic For this discussion:
- Consider the psychological career alternatives available and
determine from which fields of expertise your two points of view will
- Select the two professionals you will use with expertise on the
topic you selected. Your professionals’ identity may be based on a real
person that you know, or they may be made-up based on the job
description of a professional in the field. The titles of your
professionals should represent actual jobs (based on job descriptions)
from categories in two different areas of mental health (e.g.,
psychiatry and psychology, social work and counseling).
- In one or two sentences, briefly introduce your experts by
describing their current careers as well as their backgrounds. The
experts will be providing scholarly information on your selected topic
based on the point-of-view of their respective professions.
Provide evaluations from the experts in the course of the
presentation, regarding contributions of psychological research on the
chosen topic in an applied context.
- Include information from at least two peer-reviewed articles
that were published within the last five years to substantiate your
experts’ claims. You must select these two articles on your own. You
may not use resources listed within this course. For information on how
to generate search terms for specific resources, visit the Ashford
To begin, create a presentation using the Sample Presentation Template
, of at least five slides (not including the title and reference slides). Provide the following elements in your presentation:
- A side-by-side comparison of your experts including their current careers as well as their backgrounds
- A brief general explanation of the topic chosen in Week One
- Provide a slide for each of the experts’ points of view including appropriate citations of your referenced resources
- A brief overview and comparison of the two experts’ points of view
- A separate reference slide must be included at the end of the presentation
- A minimum of three scholarly sources published within the last
five years must be included in the discussion. References are cited
according to APA guidelines.
- A link to a website from an organization associated with each
expert’s profession. Include information from that website where the
corresponding expert is presenting her or his point of view. Include the
websites in the reference slide using the full APA citation format for
websites. Do not just copy and paste the URL to the website.
- Use the sample template provided to organize your presentation.
You may change the font sizes in the presentation. However, do not use a
font smaller than 20 pt. You are encouraged to insert relevant figures
and graphics. Make sure to appropriately cite any images you use that
you did not create yourself. If you include a table or figure from a
journal article, cite it according to APA guidelines.
Next, create a 3 to 5 minute screencast of your presentation using Screenr.com
Screenr does not allow for screencasts that are longer than 5 minutes,
so practicing your presentation prior to recording it is highly
- Please include a title for your presentation in the description
box when you publish your screencast. For questions using Screenr,
refer to the directions below.
Finally, copy and paste the URL link to your screencast in your discussion forum response section.
- Your presentation must utilize at least two scholarly
peer-reviewed resources, in addition to your textbook, cited in APA
format as outlined in the Writing Center.
- All references used within the presentation must be cited
properly within the slides and included on the required reference slide,
which will be the last slide within your presentation.
- Due to the time limit of your presentation video, you are not
required to speak or read through the reference list. However, you must
include your reference list within the discussion post along with your
screencast URL link and submit your presentation via doc sharing.