Hello there!I have finished the assignment and I am now attaching the word document containing all of the information request. Please let me know if this is what you were expecting.Regards.
Compare 3 different MAC Files recovery tools and suggest one to be used, justifying
why it was selected.
We are going to start laying out the specifications for Disk Drill; Disk Drill is an
application with several functions all pertaining to recover lost, or deleted data and to
prevent data from being accidentally erased. Disk Drill also helps when a disk has failed
or data has been corrupted.
- Some of the most used ways in Disk Drill are:
- Quick Scan: Helps with scanning and recovering recently erased or lost files.
This helps when we need to recover a file that we accidentally just deleted.
- Deep Scan: Helps with recovering files that were deleted a little longer ago and
that the quick scan cannot recover; Please note that depending on how long ago
was the file deleted, the files recovered might be corrupted.
- Undelete protected data: This tool works when disk drill was previously installed
and there was protected data stored in the applications vault. The files have a
key that when used with disk drill can be easily recovered.
- Universal Partition Search: This function allows the user to scan and recover lost
or deleted disk partitions. The volumes that can be recovered are HFS+, FAT
and NTFS volumes. This function works by scanning the disk for signatures
known as partition headers.
- I/O disk errors reporting: allows the user to scan for errors on the disk to work
towards fixing them and avoid data loss.
- Disk backups: Allow the user scan and back up byte to byte from the current
This tool is being used by business owners and home users in several countries and
seems to be a very professional, well programmed tool which has a free version with
limited functionalities and a pro version with all the above functions and more.
Next tool that is going to be laid out is iSkysoft Data recovery, which claims to be a fast
and easy to use data recovery tool with several useful functions which are presented
- Wizard Mode recovery: This mode is the simplest one to use, due to the fact that
there are just a couple of questions to be answered the application does all the
heavy lifting and recovering of the files.
- Lost Data Recovery: This function allows the user to recover data has just been
emptied from the trash bin, or just deleted by the command + delete.
- Partition recovery: This option allows the user to recover data from corrupted,
deleted, lost or resized partitions.
- Data recovery can be done from the local computer disks or SD...