Primary Task Response: Your first task is to post your own Key Assignment Outline to the discussion area so that other students are able to review your plan. Attach your document to the main discussion post, and include any notes you feel are appropriate. The purpose of this assignment is to help improve the quality of the Key Assignment Draft. They key outline is based on this assignment that I as well need:
You have been appointed to be a part of a special committee that is responsible for devising policy procedures and a budget for the organization’s earthquake preparedness. The last earthquake in 2003 exposed areas of weakness within the organization, regarding the need for emergency equipment and supplies. You and your committee will need to draft a proposal that will address what earthquake emergency equipment and supplies will be required, as well as a budget that will show how much the items and overall expenses will cost to maintain and replace expired items.
The budget needs to include how many staff members will be needed to operate the emergency preparedness department. You should begin your proposal by identifying the population size being served by your public administration organization and by identifying any other factors about the population being served that are relevant to your overall proposal. Examples of other factors could be matters related to geography, the needs of a particular subpopulation, or regional weather patterns.
Secondly, the committee will need to propose an earthquake policy to address the proper protocols if and when an earthquake should occur. The policy needs to stipulate what emergency procedures need to be followed. The policy should include the frequency of earthquake drills by all personnel and who is responsible for stocking the earthquake supplies and maintaining the emergency preparedness budget.
Finally, the committee needs to include a rationale in the proposal for what challenges the organization may face in implementing and maintaining the operations of the emergency earthquake preparedness.
- Address the following in your proposal of 1,000–1,250 words:
- The Budget
- Must include a breakdown of the various emergency supplies to be used in the event of an earthquake
- Needs to include how many staff members will be needed to operate the emergency preparedness department
- You should begin your proposal by identifying the population size being served by your public administration organization.
- Identify any other factors about the population being served that are relevant to your overall proposal
- Other factors may include the following:
- Matters related to geography
- Needs of a particular subpopulation
- Regional weather patterns
- Earthquake Policy
- This policy needs to stipulate what emergency procedures need to be followed.
- This policy should include the following:
- The frequency of earthquake drills by all personnel
- Responsibilities for stocking the earthquake supplies
- A plan for maintaining the emergency preparedness budget
- Identifying Challenges
- What challenges might the organization face in implementing and maintaining the operations of the emergency earthquake preparedness? Explain in detail.
- Remember to support all of your arguments with scholarly resources.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
Please submit your assignment.
I need the websites of the references as well