You may wish to refer to the following Internet resources, linked in the Resources under the Internet Resources heading:
- Gallup's 2014 report, "Gallup Q12 Meta-Analysis Report."
- Download the report and review the Q12 statements that start on the bottom of page 7 of the PDF document.
- SHRM's 2015 article, "Developing and Sustaining High-Performance Work Teams."
- SHRM's 2008 article, "Human Resource Strategy: Adapting to the Age of Globalization."
- SHRM's 2013 article, "Developing an Employee Engagement Strategy."
Using your own employer or a business with which you are familiar for this assessment, utilize tables 3, 4, and 5 in the "Human Resource Strategy: Adapting to the Age of Globalization" article to guide your thinking and create a 3–4 page outline of the following steps:
- Analyze your industry.
- Understand your value chain.
- Reorganize your key processes.
- Identify your key people or roles in the organization.
- Build your HR strategy using the following:
- Describe the top three best practices to build HR strategy. Note: Refer to page 19 of the SHRM article, "Human Resource Strategy: Adapting to the Age of Globalization."
- Analyze why these best practices can build HR strategy.
- Describe personal experiences with the Q12 statements found in Gallup's report. State and answer each of these questions from your experiences with a current or former employer.
- Assess how responses to personal experiences impact own thinking towards HR strategy.
- Explain if the selected business is positioned to remain competitive based on personal analysis. Whether your business is small or large, domestic or global, why or why not will it remain competitive?
- Write in a professional style using APA citations and format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
Note: This assessment is not intended to be a full analysis of an organization's position in a given industry. It is similar to how you might develop a SWOT analysis.
- Written communication: It should be thoughtful and free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Number of resources: There is no minimum number of resources.
- Outline length: 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.