my blazer will move normal for about ten feet. then not sure what goes on feels like the E brake is on even though the foot pedal is up and brake light not on. I have to apply gas just to move and a tire will bark at me occasionally (I believe is a back tire breaking traction) I have unhooked the driveshaft from the transfer case to the front wheels to check the wheel bearings. The tires don't spin real easy but both front tires take about same amount of effort to spin. What do you think my next step should be?
Question is the truck full time 4wd ?.
1. Check the fluid in the transfer case. If necessary change fluid 90w Gear oil good for the case gears.
2. Check the hubs and breaking system on on all 4 tires.
3. Have the truck code read for possible problem with ABS system. Autozone should code read for no cost.
4. Assuming the truck is push butten or shift on the fly, I.E does not have wheel lockers in the front. If it has wheel lockers in the front they can lock up and fail. Check those by enabling and disenabling.
5. Get the truck moving and turn a tight turn and check for noises I.E clicks or knocks could show issue with berrings or UV joints.
thast what i would do in you're situation and givin current information best of luck. Shoot me a message or answer back if theres any other info i can help with .
Thanks man you were a big help. I can't believe I not think about the gear oil. Which it needed badly. Plus when I was testing it to see if fixed. I noticed that it was in four wheel drive lol damn push button got me. It shifted hard back into 2wd and drive normal. 4wd still not right thought. Well I feel a bit dumb I not check that I was think all the worst things it could be. Thanks again
Not a problem this stuff happens to us all mate. Just this last sunday my exhaust rusted in half at the cc on my way to work made for a fun day lol. Best of luck add me if ya ever need info on anything automotive peace Joshua.
Nov 14th, 2013
Did you know? You can earn $20 for every friend you invite to Studypool!