- Based upon feedback given by the instructor, revise your presentation of the group's emergency response plan.
- In addition to revising the presentation, address the following questions in 2–3 pages:
- What were the most significant challenges that your group experienced while drafting the emergency response plan? Explain in detail.
- How did your group overcome these challenges? Explain in detail.
- What best practices do you think are essential for successful emergency response planning? Explain.
- How were those best practices utilized in your group's planning process? Explain.
This week’s group project required you to:
As a group, discuss and develop a paper of 8–10 pages that addresses the following questions. Work together to determine who will complete each section:
- Who will comprise your planning committee? Explain.
- Identify public- and private-sector partner agencies and elected officials (if any) that should serve on the planning committee.
- What are the component parts of the plan (be specific and detailed)? Explain.
- What participating agencies may be more or less involved in which parts of the plan development? Explain.
- Are there subject matter experts (SMEs) or other entities that should be involved in any one specific area of the plan development? Explain.
- Based upon the emergency management concept of incident management that includes the phases of preparedness and mitigation, response, and recovery, identify the actions that will need to be taken in each phase as they relate to the hazard you have selected.
- Identify the major challenges that the community and responders will encounter when responding to the hazard.
- What solutions exist (e.g., mutual aid, contract services) to overcome those challenges? Explain in detail.
- What should be the short- and long-term recovery goals of the community following this event’s occurrence?
While group project in an online learning environment can be difficult to accomplish, your group project turned out very well. The paper flowed well, was very well organized, and easy to read. The table of contents and headers really helps guide your readers to each topic. Your group successfully addressed each question. I found your group’s idea to incorporate corporate CEOs an interesting approach. The challenges you addressed were appropriate. As we have previously discussed, disaster management is often the central weakness in any response plan. The inability to effectively manage a crisis breaks down communication and facilitates poor asset distribution. Your group properly identified this challenge, as well as the need for an Incident Command System.Great job on the APA format. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Explanation & Answer
Running Head: EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLAN
Emergency Response Plan
EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLAN
An emergency response plan refers to the comprehensive explicit plan to mitigate against
the arising dire situations that require immediate attention. Such conditions include fire outbreak,
floods, drought, and famine among others. The emergency response plan serves the purpose of
driving the whole operation of mitigating against the emergency to reduce chances of injuries,
protect the environment and the community, protect buildings and enhance the normality
regaining process. The plan is very crucial in determining the hidden dangers of any risk to the
organization that may not be very eminent but impacts greatly onto the organization. More
important, the emergency response plan is useful in ascertaining the level of preparedness for
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!
by Wiliam Shakespeare
by Daniel Defoe
The Knife of Never Letting Go
by Patrick Ness
by Elizabeth Gilbert
by J. R. R. Tolkien
Their Eyes Were Watching God
by Zora Neale Hurston
How to Win at the Sport of Business
by Mark Cuban
by E. M. Forster
by George Orwell