Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Module 5: The New Branch
In this module, players have complete control over all areas of operations and are challenged to hit a net worth goal of $50,000. (50 Turns).
To gain access to this module, please log into your McGraw Hill student account and select the MGMT 345 Master (Cape & Cullen), then select “Click here to launch MH Practice.” On the next screen, select “Assign & Play” to gain access to the various modules. Find “Module 5: The New Branch” on the list and select “Play Game.” From that point, follow the instructions in the simulation.
The board has tremendous faith that you are the right person to lead this new branch and is here to support you as best it can. If you have any questions, feel free to click the advisor panel in the top right-hand corner of the screen within the simulation. Now you have the opportunity to complete this challenge to earn a net goal of $50,000. Remember, as the boss, the entire operations process (securing contracts, acquiring raw materials, controlling production, fulfilling orders and managing employees) is under your control. You have up to 50 turns to accomplish and master this challenge.
Consider your results within the simulation. Please provide the warehouse manager a summative report of the main points of focus you wish to communicate regarding the challenge you just encountered. What realizations did you come to and when? Please respond with 200–300 words to the following questions: APA FORMAT
- When scheduling production of your products, what were the key factors considered?
- Why is the reputation of an organization so important?
- How do your customers differ from one another?
- What were your holding costs?
- When scheduling production of products, what are the key factors to consider?
- Based on your overall performance, what are your thoughts on your overall experience of the simulation program? Did application of the skills you have learned help you to maximize your ability to meet your customer needs?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate's posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates' postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.