Purpose of Assignment
All products/services go through a life cycle of NPI (new product introduction), growth, maturity and decline. These various stages affect the marketing strategy and promotional efforts. In Week 3, you will incorporate a product strategy that addresses at least 3 areas of the product life cycle. The primary objective of this assignment is to allow the student to demonstrate an understanding of the factors that can affect the launch of a product or service. A secondary objective is to understand the differences in a product launch in the U.S. (domestic market) and an international market.
Generate a minimum 700-word product strategy in Microsoft® Word.
Incorporate a product strategy that addresses the following:
- At least three areas of the product life cycle (NPI-new product introduction, growth, maturity and decline).
- How you will measure (what metrics will be used to determine success or failure) the marketing activities.
- Create at least two different types of media methods for the products. One media method must be a print method and one must be non-print. A media method is a media strategy which highlights your product. For example, (this cannot be used in this assignment), a non-print media method would be a Facebook campaign that provides a user a reward for each review, positive or negative, posted about the use/appearance/price/etc. of the product. In your assignment, you should have 2-3 sentences about each media method (i.e. one paragraph of what you would do, not how to do it).
- Address three elements of the Product and Promotion List (see below).
- Product and Promotion List:
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Advertising Strategy/Objectives
- Push and Pull
- Media Strategy
- Advertising Execution
- Direct Marketing
- Public Relations/Strategies
The plan will be a continuation of your global or multi-regional company you chose in Week 1. This will be incorporated into your overall marketing plan for Week 6.
Note: Charts/graphs/tables do not count toward the word count.
Cite a minimum of three peer-reviewed references.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Below is information from Week 1 class on the chosen company.
Apple Company Summary
Founded in the year 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne, Apple Inc is a company in the technology industry. An American multinational company its headquarters are located in Cupertino, California boasts of developing, selling and designing high-end computer software, online services, and consumer electronics. The company is responsible for developing a line of the iPhone, as well as the Mac personal computer alongside iPad tablet computer and iPod media player (Corsi and Morin, 2015).
Over time, the company has amassed a reputation for sleek design of its line of products cutting from the norm. This is the reason the company’s revenue amounts to about $247.1 billion per year. As well, the company has been able to hire over 116,000 employees who are the taskforce behind their tech-savvy and innovative products (James, 2007). Additionally, the company features online services for its consumers which include iCloud, Apple Music, iOS App Store, iTunes Store and the Mac App Store. More information pertaining the company’s line of products and updated information is as contained in its website; https://www.apple.com/.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THE ANSWER IS PLAGIARISM FREE AND MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL REFERENCE AND CITATION TO SUPPORT WORK AND PREFERABLY BE ABLE TO VERTIFY FROM VALID ONLINE SOURCES. THANKS